I recently came across an article by Dr. Chris Donaghue PhD, LCSW, CST. Dr. Chris, as he is known, talks about how performance pressures on men to get and maintain hard erections actually lead to erectile difficulties. These difficulties can lead men to seek out performance enhancing drugs in order to “have good sex”. Dr. Chris shares 8 tips for overcoming erectile disappointment.
- 1- Have realistic expectations for how a penis functions.
- 2- Develop a more expansive view of sex.
- 3- Communicate!
- 4- Diversify your sexual skills.
- 5- Work on your “erotic esteem”.
- 6- Stay in the moment.
- 7- Allow each partner to be responsible for their own orgasm.
- 8- Be a sex and body positive activist.
If you or a partner have ever experienced erectile disappointment, check out the full article here then schedule a session with Alice at 801-944-4555 to help guide you through these steps.More