We are excited to announce that Wasatch Family Therapy is starting up our Mad Science and social skills group this summer! The group is starting June 11th and goes through July 30th for a total of seven groups. These groups are two hours long and will run every Tuesday skipping the week of the 24th of July. The group consist of an hour science experiment with the Mad Science group leader and the therapists. Followed by the last hour with the therapist working with the children on various social skills involving play and our science experiment. Some of you may be wondering is this group worth it for my child? The answer to that question is yes! Below are some of the benefits that kids can receive from our social skills group.
- Social skills group builds self-confidence in the group setting which then goes to all areas of your child’s life.
- Allows them to make new friends and learn how to maintain healthy friendships going forward.
- Develop new problem solving skills for school and home settings.
- Ability to cope with changes that may occur in their day-to-day life.
- A better understanding of their own emotions and then how to connect with peers through empathy.
- Play is a child’s primary language which means we will be doing a lot of it during the group!
- Group play can support emotional healing and growth.
- Improves independence and creative thinking.
- Allows a safe place to make decisions and learn to accept and understand their responsibility for these.
We look forward to this group every year as we see each of the children make great leaps forward in their abilities. If you or anyone you know is interested in our social skills group reach out to us at 801-944-4555 to sign up now!More