I want to help you thrive in your personal life and in your family relationships! Together, we can find the balance between caring for yourself and for others, and develop the skills to create emotional health. Through couples counseling I help partners find a deeper connection and build skills to remain close and satisfied. I am particularly passionate about working with young adult women dealing with relationship problems and life transitions. I take every opportunity to use the media to promote healthy relationships & mental health and I love helping other therapists build thriving practices.
Therapy: Dr. Hanks is currently not seeing psychotherapy clients.
Coaching: Dr. Hanks IS accepting new coaching clients focused on short-term problem solving, advice, and guidance regarding emotional health, relationships, work-life integration, and more.
Private practice consultations: Dr. Hanks consults regularly mental health therapists in private practice on how to build a successful business, expand your solo practice into a larger clinic, gain media interviews, social media marketing, and build a strong online practice presence
Professional Highlights & Memberships
- PhD, Marriage & Family Therapy, Creative Systemic Studies, University of Louisiana Monroe
- Former Assistant Professor, MSW Program, Behavioral Science Dept., Utah Valley University
- Author of The Assertiveness Guide for Women: How to Communicate Your Needs, Set Healthy Boundaries, and Transform Your Relationships
- Author of The Burnout Cure: An Emotional Survival Guide For Overwhelmed Women
- National & Local Media Expert (Wall Street Journal, Cosmopolitan, Parenting, E! Online, AOL Health, Women’s Day, Women’s Health, Social Work Today)
- Former Adjunct Faculty, Part-Time Lecturer, Virtual MSW Program, University of Southern California
- #1 Online Influencer: Depression by Sharecare.com & #2 Social HealthMaker for Mental Health (Founded by Dr. Oz, Web MD, Harpo, Discovery)
- Television Contributor on KSL TV’s Studio 5
- Psychotherapist and Celebrity Commentator on Reelz Channel’s Celebrity Legacies & Celebrity Damage Control
- Featured Therapist on PsychCentral.com’s Ask the Therapist
- PsychCentral.com Blogger “Private Practice Toolbox”
- Appointed to NASW’s Private Practice National Board
- Advanced Externship & Core Skills in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work (ABECSW)
- International Centre For Excellence In Emotionally Focused Therapy
- National Association of Social Workers
- Mormon Mental Health Association
Women’s Mental Health * Marriage Therapy * Depression * Eating Disorders * Sexual Issues * Childbirth/Postpartum/Infertility * Childhood Abuse * Family Therapy * LDS Therapy * Private Practice Consultation * Workshops