I am passionate about helping individuals discover easily accessible tools from within, to establish sustainable, healthy and meaningful coping skills. I draw upon years of working with families, borrowing from teachings in meditation and mindfulness. Together we can explore how to detach from what is not contributing to our wellbeing. I enjoy helping others approach anxiety and stress with curiosity and kindness rather than dread and heaviness. I embrace our work together and consider it an honor to join you on this journey.
I have been a Clinical Social Worker since 1994, LCSW since 2002 and working in pediatrics since 1999. My experience includes clinical social work in healthcare ~ helping individuals and families cope with medical diagnoses, treatment and navigating through their experience ~ as well as working more dynamically with children/adolescents and families confronting transitional or situational stressors around life events, peers, academics, among other areas.
I look forward to meeting you.
- BA in Sociology with a concentration in criminology ~ the University of Colorado at Boulder
- MA in Clinical Social Work ~ the University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration.
- Board Member, Bay Area Social Workers in Healthcare
- Subject Matter Expert, state LCSW exam ~ Board of Behavioral Sciences, Sacramento, CA
- Member, SCAN (Suspected Child Abuse & Neglect) ~ UCSF Children’s Hospital and San Francisco Regional Committees
- Member, Domestic Violence (Intimate Partner Violence) Task Force developing protocol for DV/IPV screening in the pediatric clinic
- Field supervisor for 1st and 2nd year MSW students from San Francisco State University and UC Berkeley.
- NASW (California and Utah Chapters)
- Licensed in CA, UT, CO
- Member, LGBTQ-Affirmative Therapists Guild of Utah
Children and Adolescents * Life Transitions * Anxiety and Stress * Depression * Medical Illness * Family Dynamics * Parenting * LGBTQ+