Your trauma, emotional pain, and mental health illnesses do not have to be a prison that keeps you isolated from the world and human connection. I believe that the journey to healing the mind, body, and spirit encompasses self-love, creating healthy boundaries, and learning what makes you happy and whole. As we find healing, we experience a mending and integration of our fragmented identities. The power of human connection is paramount to our development of a whole self. As we begin to find ourselves, we begin to identify the old worn-out path of predictable behavior patterns and cultivate the tender courage to venture on the unmarked trails of life. And the choice is yours. I am here to be a resource and a guide, to encourage and to support. As a therapist, I am committed to supporting, encouraging, and celebrating every step you take towards healing. I am passionate about working with the LGBTQIA community, veterans, and families who are experiencing grief and loss. I am also passionate about working with military families and veterans. As a veteran, I understand that the challenges military families face are unique and complex. I want to help provide support, guidance to military members, spouses and children. I am a native Portuguese speaker and I would love to work with individuals who are more comfortable expressing their emotions in Portuguese. Finally, my goal is to help you find and experience beautiful moments of joy throughout the journey of life.
- Student, Master of Social Work, University of Denver
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Utah
- Experience working with hospice, supporting patients with terminal illness and supporting families through the grieving process.
- Military Experience, I have honorably served in the United States Air Force Reserves.
- DDI Vantage Early Head Start, Experience provides services for children and their families in the areas of positive adult-child interactions, sensory rich environments, developmentally appropriate activities and practices for children and their families while promoting school readiness and high quality learning.
LGBTQIA * Military & Veterans * Substance Abuse * Couples Therapy * Family Therapy * Victims of Sexual Trauma * Life Transitions * Body Image * Eating Disorders * Anxiety and Stress * Depression * Adolescents * Young Adults * Children * Self-Esteem * Individual Therapy * PTSD * Grief and Loss * Parenting